I Must Go Down To The Sea Again

I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a grey mist on the seas face and a grey dawn breaking. I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a gray mist on the seas face and a gray dawn breaking.

Sailing Poster Print Art Deco A3 A2 A1 Boat Sea John Masefield Etsy Art Deco Artwork Sailing Vintage Style Art

Interestingly although in the original version of the poem published in 1902 the first line of each stanza is I must down to the seas again in later versions Masefield inserted the word go altering both the verb and the meter of the refrain.

I must go down to the sea again. I must down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life To the gulls way and the whales way where the winds like a whetted knife. The first line is often misquoted as I must go down to the seas again and this is the wording used in the song setting by John Ireland. And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying And the flung spray and the blown spume and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied. Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Ireland. I must go down to the seas again for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied.

And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a grey mist on the seas face and a grey dawn breaking. And all I ask is a. The ocean drags Tts drowning men Emotions flag Me down again Tell Tracy Babs and Gwen I mustnt go down to the sea again.

The foreshore shows sections of Lower Devonian rocks mainly red mudstones now. I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a grey mist on the seas face and a grey dawn breaking. There has been much debate over the first line and it is indeed I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky go down to the seas was a poetic way of saying going sailing and did not refer to any specific body of water similarly the lonely sea was simply talking about open water rather than a specific sea.

I must down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the skyAnd all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her byAnd the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shakingAnd. I must down to the seas again for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied. You can read Sea Fever here.

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long tricks over. This poem has not been translated into any other language yet. I must go down to the seas again for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied.

There is a hint of parody in here. I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking. Sea Fever - I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Bryn Terfel Malcolm Martineau Bryn Terfel - The Vagabo.

I would like to translate this poem. In The Collected Poems of John Masefield the opening line was changed to the text now more commonly anthologised. I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a grey mist on the seas face and a gray dawn breaking.

I Must Go Down to the Sea Again 1984 is a small aluminium wall sculpture that is shaped like a cone and hung directly onto the wall. Thursday April 1 2010 Report this poem. Suryendu Chaudhury 13 October 2020.

I left my shoes and socks there - I wonder if theyre dry. And all I ask is a. I mustnt go down to the sea again.

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by from Sea Fever by John Masefield 1878-1967 Post-sunset afterglow at Wembury Bay looking towards the island known as the Mewstone in the South Hams area of Devon UK. I must go down to the sea again to the lonely sea and the sky. And all I.

I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky. And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying And the flung spray and the blown spume and the seagulls crying. A string of pearls From the bingo bar For a girl Who looks like ringo starr Shes mad about.

The first lines of the second and third stanzas retained the form I must down to the seas again. The colour of the piece is a deep warm red which through the process of making has acquired a stressed and uneven surface. And a grey mist on the seas face and a grey dawn breaking.

READ THIS POEM IN OTHER LANGUAGES. The rain whips The promenade It drips on chips They turn to lard Id send a card if i had a pen I mustnt go down to the sea again. I must go down to the sea again to the lonely sea and the sky.

I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by And the wheels kick and the winds song and the white sails shaking And a grey mist on the seas face and a grey dawn breaking I must down to the seas again for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied.

Pin On Sew And Stuff

Pin On Illustration

I Must Go Down To The Sea Again Spike Milligan In 2021 Spike Milligan Funny Poems Spike

Sea Fever By John Masefield I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Powerful Words How To Memorize Things Words

I Must Go Down To The Sea Again Poster Google Search Sea Poems Poetry Famous Beach Quotes

I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Sea Goes Creative Photography

Spike Milligan I Must Go Down To The Sea Again Google Search Words Words Of Wisdom Spike Milligan

Sea Fever By John Masefield Poetry Reading Poetry Reading Poetry John Masefield

I Must Go Down To The Seas Again To The Lonely Sea And The Sky And All I Ask Is A Tall Ship And A Star To Steer Her By Sea

To The Seas Again Nautical Art Print In 3 Sizes Etsy Nautical Art Art Prints Word Art

Watercolour With Poem I Must Go Down To The Sea Again By John Etsy Poems My Love John Masefield

I Must Go Down To The Seas Again To The Lonely Sea And The Sky And All I Ask Is A Tall Ship And A Star To Steer Her B In 2020

I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Poetry Quote Literary Etsy Sea Quotes Literary Quotes Nature Quotes

Sea Fever By John Masefield Great Poems Sea Cottages By The Sea

Sea Fever Poem By John Masefield I Must Go Down To The Seas Etsy Minimalist Book Poetry Art John Masefield

Sea Fever By John Masefield I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Words Sea Poems Poems

I Must Go Down To The Sea Again Google Search Poster Prints Fine Art Prints New Poster

I Must Go Down To The Seas Again Poetry Quote Literary Etsy Coastal Prints Boat Print Travel Prints

Wesealand Sea Photo Coastal


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

White Bump On The Tip Of My Tongue

Lake Of The Ozarks Map With Bars

Map Of Europe During The Cold War